BY Julie Jones | May 15, 2015 09:52 AM EDT
The new Hong Sisters drama 'Warm and Cozy," starring Yoon Yeon Suk and Kang So Ra is more than a drama. It's an inviting travelogue with so many beautiful scenes in Jeju Island that it may promote tourism.
Known as "The Island of the Gods," Jeju is already a popular vacation spot and the number one honeymoon destination for Korean newlyweds. Besides stunning beach vistas, hiking, and horse riding, beaches, the island also attracts international k-drama fans because so many dramas were filmed there. Here are a few.
1. In "Warm and Cozy" Yoo Yeon Suk's rich and lazy character has a restaurant, while Kang So Ra's hardworking character wants to start a café the picturesque seaside village. They watch the sun rise together, a popular thing to do at the island's dramatic vantage points.
2. Two memorable scenes in "Boys Over Flowers" were filmed on the island. The Hyatt Regency Hotel, located on a sloping cliff overlooking the ocean, features the pool where F4 leader Gun Jun Pyo almost drowned and the triangular wedding chapel where Lee Min Ho's character almost married the wrong girl.
3. In "Secret Garden" Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin are sitting on a bench at the Seas Hotel and Resort when they discover they have switched bodies
4. A scene in "Princess Hours" aka "Goong" where the prince parties with his friends was also shot at the Seas Hotel. And Jeju Island is the home of the Teddy Bear Museum that Yoon Eun Hye visits with the Queen Mother.
5. Yoon Eun Hye traveled to Jeju Island again in "Lie To Me." Her character takes a job transfer there in an attempt to escape Kang Ji Hwan but he follows her and against the scenic background of the island she is unable to resist him.
6. In "My Lovely Sam Soon" Kim Sun Ah climbs up Mt. Hallasan in the rain to declare that she is done with love but Hyun Bin follows her and changes her mind. If you ever want to copy this hike, be warned that it is nine hours round trip.
7. Kim Sun Ah revisited Jeju again in "Scent Of A Woman," spending a romantic weekend with Lee Dong Wook, soaking up the sun and visiting the sea.
8. Lee Dong Wook also visited the island when he filmed "My Girl" with Lee Jun Ki, Park Si Yeon and Lee Da Hee.
9. Since Jeju Island is such a popular honeymoon location, dramas also feature it as such. Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min honeymoon there in "Playful Kiss."
10. And Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk honeymooned there in the romantic comedy "Fated To Love You."
11. And it's not just modern dramas that film on the island. The historical drama "Dae Jang Geum" was so popular that many visitors travel to the Jeju Folk Village. That is where the character Jang Geum first learns medicine. The drama also shot scenes on the beach and in the caves.
"Warm and Cozy" will only add to the numbers of tourists who already visit this island.
Latest Photo Slide Shows