BY Joan MacDonald | Mar 08, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Last year Lee Min Jung appeared in the political comedy "All About My Romance." She followed that starring role by marrying fellow actor Lee Byung Hun in a star-studded wedding. Now the happily married actress is sharing the spotlight with Joo Sang Wook in "Cunning Single Lady."
How much do you know about this charmingly funny actress? Here are a few facts.
1. Actress Kim Tae Hee called her the most beautiful bride she has ever seen.
"Lee Min Jung was the most beautiful of all the brides I've seen so far," said Kim Tae Hee, who was a guest at her wedding. She was one of 900 guests invited to that celebrity wedding.
No one could deny Lee Min Jung looked superstar beautiful in each of her three wedding dresses. For the ceremony she wore one of Hollywood's favorite designers Marchesa. Her dress cost about $50,000 but it was stunning.
2. She has had her share of attractive leading men. She worried about acting with Gong Yoo in the comedy "Big," but he surprised her with his easygoing nature.
"I worried that it would be hard to communicate with Gong Yoo, but he is actually very gentle," she said.
It's a good thing they got along because they once had to film for three days straight. In that comedy, she played his fiancée and he played two parts. He was the doctor she was engaged to and then he played the doctor when his body was inhabited by the personality of an 18-year-old.
3. Lee Min Jung is a big fan of Big Bang's T.O.P. He attended her wedding. They met at the Blue Dragon Awards, were they both won Best Rookie awards for acting. He said that he was a fan of her performance in the drama "Midas" and she said she was fond of the album he collaborated on with G-Dragon.
4. She got into acting relatively late.
"I went to school, graduated and got a job as an actor, just like other people would find employment at a company or such," she said.
She started in theatre then played minor roles in a few films. The drama role that finally got her noticed was playing Lee Min Ho's girl (while he had amnesia) in "Boys over Flowers."
5. She has a sense of humor. Husband Lee Byung Hun says she is the only person who can make him smile, although some directors and photographers also seem to have convinced him. He has also praised her for her thoughtfulness.
She demonstrates her sense of humor in her new drama "Cunning Single Lady" and the next episodes promise even funnier scenes as her character tries to win back her ex-husband.
Latest Photo Slide Shows