BY Julie Jones | Nov 03, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Wang Ji Hye has played a few characters that did not think the drama's female lead should keep her man. In "Personal Taste," she stole Kim Ji Suk from Son Ye Jin and then tried to steal Lee Min Ho. In "Protect The Boss" she wanted to take Ji Sung from Choi Kang Hee. And now in "Birth of a Beauty," she has no qualms about taking Jung Kyu Woon from his wife, played by both Han Ye Seul and In Gyo Jin.
She plays a very convincing villain.
What else should you know about this actress?
1. She was criticized after playing the world's worst best friend in "Personal Taste." Even her friends were not kind. And it wasn't criticism because of her acting. No one liked her character.
"It was to the point where a close guy friend told me that he hoped that he wouldn't see me on the streets," Wang said in an interview with 10Asia. "But I wasn't hurt by any of that and I just told myself that I was getting criticized because I was doing a good job in portraying the role."
She has said that when you are playing a villain, you want people to notice you even if it means they will hate you.
2. She failed her driver's license three times before finally passing the test.
3. She also may need to shoot kiss scenes more than once. The kiss scene between her and JYJ's Kim Jaejoong in "Protect the Boss" had to be filmed dozens of times. "I put a lot of effort for the kiss scene with Wang Ji Hye," said Kim Jaejoong when he appeared Choi Kang Hee's Christmas radio show. "We filmed the kiss scene more than 50 times."
At the 2011 SBS Drama Awards, he was asked about the possibility of a kiss scene reshoot and "he said, "Acting is acting so I would do it even if 100 times."
4. On a recent episode of "Running Man" she got friend Lee Kwang Soo flustered because she hinted at his dating history. They were playing a game and revealing personal information when she asked him if he dated someone he co-starred with, someone who started out calling him oppa but ended up calling him honey. By the rules of the game, he was trapped.
5. The "Hotel King" star is also close to actress So E Hyun and attended her recent wedding to actor In Gyo Jin.
In real life, Wang Ji Hye is kind, friendly and supportive. She is not a conniving villain and, for the record, has not stolen any of her friends' fiancés or husbands.
Latest Photo Slide Shows