BY Adrienne Stanley | Feb 19, 2015 11:00 AM EST
February 19 marks the start of the Lunar New Year, a holiday when family and friends get together to reflect on the upcoming months. Even though Korean celebrities lead busy lives, many will return to their hometowns for local celebrations.
K-Drama stars like Jang Nara delivered hanbok greetings prior to the start of the holiday.
Top actors like as Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, and Park Shin Hye will celebrate the Lunar New Year (Seollal) by resting at home, while contemplating their upcoming projects.
Celebrants gather to honor the Year of the Sheep, with hopes that the next 12 months will be more calm than the previous year. The period which is also referred to as the Year of the Blue Sheep, Ram, or Goat can be optimistically ushered in by listening to this playlist.
Here are 9 songs that will put listeners in a good mood for the Lunar New Year.
1. EXO’s Chen provided good tidings through the song “Best Luck” for the “It’s Okay, That’s Love” soundtrack.
2. Korean hip-hop legend Tiger JK reflected on the poignancy of “First Love” for “Pinocchio.”
3.A Pink provided an uplifting love theme with “Let Us Just Love” for “Protect the Boss.”
4. The cast of “Perseverance, Goo Hae Ra” happily reflect on a brighter future on “Place Where You Need to Be.”
5. B1A4’s Baro beautifully lends his voice to the “Reply 1994” soundtrack on “With You.”
6. Melody Day sings “Listen To My Heart” for the classical music drama “Tomorrow’s Cantabile.
7. SHINee’s “Stand By Me” is an anthem of love and friendship from “Boys Over Flowers.”
8. 2014 was an excellent year for rapper Junggigo who lends his voice on “Too Good” with Boyfriend’s Minwoo for the “High School: Love On” soundtrack.
9. Na Yoon Kwon and Sunny Hill's Jubi provided the vocals for hopeful track "Love One" for the Jang Nara drama "Mr. Baek."
Latest Photo Slide Shows