BY Julie Jones | May 05, 2015 12:16 PM EDT
For the second half of our Top Ten Favorite K-Drama back hugs, we would like to start by acknowledging the ladies. Female k-drama characters give good back hugs too. Shin Se Kyung gave Park Yoo Chun a back hug in "Sensory Couple" aka "Girl Who Sees Smells" but she was not the first. Yoon Eun Hye gave back hugs in "Coffee Prince" and "Princess Hours." It's a sweet gesture whoever does it.
Here is the list with the last five of our top ten k-drama back hugs.
6. "Princess Hours" was very democratic when it came to back hugs. Joo Ji Hoon hugs Yoon Eun Hye more than once but she also back-hugs him twice. The first time it happens because she realizes that she has feelings for him. And that's a good thing because they are already married.
7. In "Love Rain" Jang Geun Suk surprises his true love, played by Yoona by covering her eyes with his hands and then snuggles in for a back hug. It's all the more romantic since you know that they are perfect for each other but the relationship might be doomed by their parents' love for each other.
8. In "Mary Stayed Out All Night" Moon Geun Young was dating Jang Geun Suk's indie rocker character and he gave her plenty of hugs and kisses. But she also got a really tender back hug from the guy she was contracted to marry but didn't love. It was Kim Jae Wook's last attempt to win her over and live a less lonely life. Sometimes a back hug will convince a k-drama character and sometimes it won't. In this case she stayed with Jang Geun Suk's character.
9. In the 2012 culinary drama "Pasta," Gong Hyo Jin is an aspiring chef who works for, resents, but eventually falls for her cold-hearted head chef, played by Lee Sun Kyun. He says they can't work in the same kitchen so she should go. Then he decides she should work there and he will go. She says she does not want to be there without him and demonstrates her love with a back hug to melt the coldest heart.
10. In the noona romance "I Hear Your Voice" Lee Bo Young works hard to deny her feelings for the much younger Lee Jong Suk. When his life is endangered by the fact that her name has been cleared, she is concerned that he is not worried. But he only cares about her welfare. He back hugs her and snuggles into her shoulder. And by then it's just too late. She can't deny her feelings any more.
Did we miss any of your favorite k-drama back hugs? Let us know so we can check them out too.
Latest Photo Slide Shows