BY Joan MacDonald | Apr 02, 2013 01:49 PM EDT
Thanks to her wonderful performances in dramas such as "Flower Boys Next Door" and "You're Beautiful," Park Shin Hye is a much-loved actress. But being a fan may not mean you know everything about her.
Here are five facts that may surprise you about this versatile actress.
1. She likes baseball. In fact, she likes the game so much her nickname is Randy-Shin Hye. She earned this nickname when she opened a baseball game. She looked so good throwing a ball on the field that she was dubbed Randy Johnson after a famous MLB player.
Her favorite baseball team is naturally her hometown team, the Kia Tigers.
2. Despite her sweet innocent looks, she can do a rocking job of covering a sexy Beyonce song. Fans loved it when she performed Beyonce's Single Ladies in her recent Phillippines concert. Although she started as a child actress, she has said more than once that she is in no hurry to graduate to adult roles and plans to make the transition slowly, choosing her roles carefully.
3. She has been in the business for more than a decade. She debuted on television at age 13, playing the younger version of the character Han Jung Suh the drama Stairway to Heaven. That year, she also starred in the series Tree of Heaven as Hana, a girl who fell in love with his stepbrother. She was 17 when she made her movie debut as the lead actress in Evil Twin, a horror flick.
4. She likes working for charity and donates her time whatever she can. Two years ago, she helped raise funds for Japanese earthquake victims. In 2011, she was designated as the 25th Goodwill Ambassador of Korea Food for the Hungry (KFH).
Earlier this year, she and Ryu Seung Ryong, who played her father in the film, "Miracle in Cell Number 7," celebrated the end of filming by serving 800 homeless and elderly people some rice cake soup. Earlier this year, she took part in InStyle's 10th anniversary event, which donated the proceeds to charity. She has also distributed food to the needy at a traveling soup kitchen.
5. She's a good student. Although many celebrities are dubbed "ghost students" for missing classes due to busy filming schedules, Park Shin Hye managed to film a movie and a drama this year and still retain a 3+ GPA at Chungang University's drama and cinema program. She also participates in many extracurricular activities. Currently working on her graduate thesis, she feels that her schoolwork deserves a fair share of her time.
Are you a fan of Park Shin Hye? Do you have a fun fact we missed? If so, let us know.
Latest Photo Slide Shows