BY Julie Jones | Oct 22, 2015 09:48 AM EDT
Many dramas use different actors to portray the backstory of how characters first met when they were in high school. But a few usethe 20-something, 30-something and even 40-something stars of the drama to play the high school equivalent of their characters. Shin Min Ah is the latest actress to put on a high school uniform for a role-and look great in it. Stills from "Oh My Venus" show her as a beautiful popular high school student named Kang Joo Eun.
At 31, the actress still manages to look the part. Who else rocked the uniform look in a drama? Here are a few more contenders we think pulled it off.
2. Lee Min Ho. One of the reasons the 28-year-old actor chose the role of Kim Tan in the drama "The Heirs" was that he might soon be too old to wear a uniform convincingly. "The reason I chose 'Heirs' was because I wanted to do a youthful romance wearing a school uniform before I turned 30," he said at the press conference for his film "Gangnam Blues." "I think it will be difficult to see me in a school uniform from now on."
3. That has not stopped older actors from returning to high school. Kim Hee Sun. Kim was 38 when she filmed "Angry Mom." She played a character who pretended to be a high school student so she could protect her teen daughter from bullying. She looked so good as a student that she managed to make a fellow student, played by Ji Soo, fall in love with her.
4. and 5. Choi Ji Woo and Lee Sang Yoon. Although another actress played the younger version of Choi Ji Woo when she was an arts school student, Choi Ji Woo and co-star Lee Sang Yoon dressed up as high school students to revisit their old school in "Twenty Again.
6. and 7. Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin. Lee Jong Suk were both 23 when they filmed "School 2013." With Lee's baby face and long lean frame, he looked the part of a high school student. He and Park Shin Hye also played the high school versions of themselves two years later when they co-starred in "Pinocchio." Kim again played a high school student in "The Heirs."
8. and 9. Lee Jin Wook. Lee, 34, and Ha Ji Won, 37, played younger versions of themselves in "The Time I Didn't Love You, 7,000 Days." Both actors lost weight for their roles so they could pull of the younger look.
10. Lee Sun Kyun. The 40-year-old actor wore a school uniform last year when he played a younger version of his character in "Miss Korea."
Can you think of other actors that rocked a school uniform at an age when they would no longer be wearing one? Let us know.
Latest Photo Slide Shows