BY Julie Jones | Jul 30, 2014 10:43 AM EDT
Infinite's L, also known as Kim Myungsoo, has been cast in a new role. He will have a part in the upcoming SBS drama "My Lovely Girl," which also stars Rain.
True to life, he will play a flower boy singer, and although several singers will appear in the drama, his role will be an important one. The drama is also notable because it marks Rain's small screen comeback.
It won't be L's first time playing a musician in a drama as he played an indie band member who goes on to be an idol in "Shut Up Flower Boy Band."
What else should you know about this singer-actor?
1. His first role was in a Japanese drama but he went on to appear in a few Korean dramas, most recently playing the young So Ji Sub in "The Master's Sun" and Joo Sang Wook's secretary in "Cunning Single Lady."
His fellow Infinite members encouraged him to do his best.
"They are constantly and enthusiastically encouraging me," he said.
He was also pleased to hear praise from his "The Master's Sun co-star So Ji Sub and felt motivated to live up to his expectations.
"I recently read an article from a press conference that showed he said idols these days are all good at acting but that Infinite′s L really works hard," said L.
2. Photography is his hobby and he even published his photographs. He likes to photograph food and the places he visits.
"A camera is one of my life's necessities," he said in an interview with Epop Malay magazine. "It's the one thing I always want. When I first got my contract money I bought a camera. It's important so I can capture every moment of my life."
In 2013 he released his photo essay book "L's Bravo Viewtiful" in Korean and Japanese. It quickly sold out. A Part 2 version was released six months later and also sold out.
3. He has some pet peeves. He does not like mess and will wash the dishes. He also does not care for people who play with their food as he thinks its discourteous to the person who made it.
4. He and the other Infinite members studied practical music together at the same university. They graduated from Daekyung University in Feb. 2013. Even though they had busy schedules, they all attended classes and showed up for exams. While they were there, they taught vocals, dance and performance skills to their fellow students.
5. Although he briefly dated an online mall CEO Kim Do Yeon last year, he does not currently have a steady girlfriend. He described his ideal girl as someone who is sweet and feminine. He likes girls that are shorter than him and who have long hair and a cute fashion sense. She should take care of herself by watching her diet and exercising.
There's no word yet on whether his character in "My Lovely Girl" will have a love interest. My Lovely Girl" is scheduled to air in September.
Latest Photo Slide Shows