BY Julie Jones | Nov 07, 2014 10:18 AM EST
He played Jang Hyuk's not-quite-half brother in "Fated To Love You" and now he's a member of the prosecution team with Choi Jin Hyuk and Baek Jin Hee on "Pride and Prejudice." Viewers may remember him as one of Park Yoochun's rooftop allies in "Rofotop Prince."
Besides landing a steady succession of drama roles, he's also showing up in films. He appeared in "Secretly Greatly" in 2013, with co-stars Kim Soo Hyun, Park Ki Woong and Lee Hyun Woo. And, impressively, the 24-year-old actor won a Busan International Film Festival award for his first leading role, playing a 16-year-old in "Set Me Free."
Here are some more facts you may want to know about him.
1. He did not expect to win an award for his first leading film role.
I was eager for it, but I didn't really expect it," he told the Korean Film Biz Zone. "As a viewer, I watched films that other competitors acted in during the festival, and I could see how good they all were, so I thought 'I won't win.' I'm delighted because I won amongst such good actors. I am still a bit dazed."
2. He moved to Canada with his family when he was in the fifth grade. He stayed there until college, returning to Korea to audition for a drama role. He found it harder to adjust to the faster pace of life in Korea.
3. He majored in cultural studies at Chung Ang University.
4. He used to breakdance or at least he thought he did.
"I felt that I was pretty good at it but I found out what I learned wasn't b-boying," he told 10Asia. "It could have been a close call. I know that I can improve my singing skills if I practice in the way I act but I don't think I would be able to learn how to dance."
5. He wants to be an actor like his "Rooftop Prince" co-star Park Yoochun who was unexpectedly gracious and charming on set. Choi first knew of him as Mickey Yoochun, a member of DBSK, not as Park Yoochun, actor.
"Even though he is really popular, he is not haughty," Choi Woo Sik told TV Report. "Park Yoochun always thinks and worries about others. He respects other's opinions regardless of age factor. Now I am a fan of, not just Micky Yoochun, but also actor Park Yoochun. Looking at him I thought that I 'should become someone like him.' He is really something. Very professional."
Latest Photo Slide Shows