BY Julie Jones | Mar 27, 2015 10:41 AM EDT
Trends definitely exist in the careers of k-drama characters and this year is looking to be a good one for police officers.
With Kim Bum considering a role as a gifted detective in the tvN drama "Hide Your Identity" and Kim Sun Ah probably taking the role of a tough chief of detectives in "Masked Investigator," it's a good time to look back at some exceptional k-drama police roles and the actors who looked good in their uniforms.
1. So Ji Sub is compelling as the detective in "Ghost," also known as "Phantom." In the murder mystery, he plays another man, played by Daniel Choi, who after plastic pretends to be him. It's complicated. Watch the drama. So Ji Sub called it the most challenging work of his career and said that playing the dual roles also resulted in his making the most mistakes during his acting career. But viewers won't notice.
2. Cha Seung Won played a police detective twice. He was the legendary chief of detectives in "You're All Surrounded" with co-stars Lee Seung Gi and Ahn Jae Hyun. Then he played a transgender police detective in "Man In High Heels."
3. A few actresses have also played police detectives. Park Ha Sun played Park Yoo Chun's police officer ally Yoon Bo Won in the thriller "Three Days"
4. Bae Doona won an award for playing a small town police officer investigating child abuse in the film "Girl At My Door."
5. Park Yoo Chun also had a turn as a police officer when he played homicide detective Jung Woo. He became a police officer so he could solve the disappearance of his childhood girlfriend, played by Yoon Eun Hye. Because of his tragic childhood, he was hot-tempered and impulsive.
6. Lee Bum Soo played the cynical detective Jang Dong Soo in "Triangle." He's busy in pursuit of a gangster until he discovers the gangster is his brother.
7. Jo Seung Woo plays the disgraced detective who helps Lee Bo Young find her lost child in "God's Gift - 14 Days." Both he and Lee get 14 extra days to save her child and in the process restore his sense of self-worth.
8. Ryu Soo Seung plays the detective pursuing Lee Jun Ki n the fast-paced thriller "Two Weeks." And aside from solving the crime, he's also the perfect second lead and fiancé to Park Ha Sun's Character.
9. Last but not least, Oh Taec Yeon plays a rookie cop in the lost and found department at a police station. He partners up with So Yi Hyun and together they use paranormal clues to solve cold cases.
Are there any charismatic k-drama cops we've forgotten? Let us know.
Latest Photo Slide Shows