BY Adrienne Stanley | Feb 17, 2015 12:40 PM EST
Actor Lee Hyun Woo and vocalist-turned-actress IU make a convincing presentation as a couple in a recent pictorial from casual wear label Unionbay. The pair have drawn positive attention from fans, especially with audiences who became familiar with the artists during their hosting responsibilities on the music chart program “Inkigayo.”
IU drew attention for her compassionate portrayal of Kim Pil Suk, an overweight aspiring K-pop star, in the 2011 musical drama “Dream High.” She followed “Dream High” with cameo appearances before tackling the title role in the 2013 family drama “You’re the Best, Lee Soo Shin.” She immediately followed the success of “You’re the Best, Lee Soo Shin” with the role of Kim Bo Tang in 2013 manga adaptation “Pretty Man.”
“Pretty Man” struggled with ratings as the drama attempted to draw viewers who were crazy for “My Love From The Stars.” While fans fell in love with IU and 2PM’s Wooyoung in “Dream High,” there was a lackluster response regarding her pairing with Jang Geun Suk in “Pretty Men.”
If chemistry in endorsements can serve as an indicator, IU and Lee Hyun Woo have the potential to be one of the hottest couples in K-Drama. Here are five reasons why the pair would make the perfect K-Drama couple.
1. IU has appeared in endorsements with other actors including Song Jae Rim but she is best complimented by Lee Hyun Woo.
2. They were adorable together in the music video for “You and I.”
3. They were a powerful duo as hosts on “Inkigayo.”
4. The pair have previously starred in prominent teen dramas such as “To the Beautiful You” and “Dream High."
5. Lee Hyun Woo has not starred in a drama since 2012 and deserves an awesome female co-star.
Latest Photo Slide Shows