As the ratings for "You're The Best Lee Soon Shin" reach 30 percent, it seems appropriate to focus on actress Yoo In Na, who appears as Lee Yoo Shin in the popular drama.
In the drama, she plays Lee Soon Shin's older sister, a woman so career focused that she put love on the back burner. When someone else develops a crush on her next-door neighbor, her character is forced to rethink her priorities.
But there is more to the actress than just this role. Here are five fun facts you may not know about her:
1. She originally wanted to be a singer. But after 11 years of trying to break into the industry and being represented by five different management agencies, she decided to try acting.
"Since singing wasn't meant to be, I decided on acting because it seemed fun," said Yoo In Na. "I didn't think of it as giving up. A lot of my friends gave up even though they were prettier and more talented than I was."
2. She got to realize another dream, that of being a disc jockey, by playing music and conducting interviews for the highly rated radio program "Let's Crank Up The Volume."
She began hr disc jockey job at the end of 2011 and within a year bumped the ratings so high that she was called the "ruler of dinner-time radio." Listeners gave her the nickname of "ggol-dee," short for the disc jockey with the honey-sweet voice.
3. She has a reel-to-real life kdrama romance. After roles in "High Kick Through the Roof" and "Secret Garden" she had her first leading role in the series "Queen In Hyun's Man." She played an actress who plays Queen In Hyun and who falls in love with a time traveling Joseon-era scholar, played by Ji Hyun Woo. At a fan meeting to mark the drama's end he announced he was in love with her. On her radio show, she announced they were officially dating.
4. IU, her co-star in "You're The Best Lee Soon Shin," is a good friend.
"IU knows exactly what to say to comfort me," said Yoo In Na. "We're more than colleagues, we're a source of strength for each other. IU is especially mature and thoughtful, well beyond her years."
5. At 31, Yoo In Na looks younger than her actual age. Thanks to her youthful appearance and vivacious personality, she gets roles that might otherwise go to someone a decade younger. But then she got a later start at acting than many other actresses, having spent so much time trying to make it as a singer.
She did eventually get to sing vocals on Humming Urban Stereo's single "You, That Day" and on the soundtrack of her film, "My Black Mini Dress." So far, she has checked quite a few dreams off her list.