BY Julie Jones | May 28, 2015 08:52 AM EDT
K-drama sets are a good place to meet the love of your life. Several k-drama couples have met on set and are still going strong. But however many sparks fly at the outset, such star relationships don't always work out. Demanding schedules, plus the chance to co-star with other glamorous celebrities can get in the way of maintaining a relationship. Public scrutiny doesn't make things easier.
Here are five couples that met on set and broke up.
1. The latest couple that met on a k-drama set and broke up is Kim Ok Bin and Lee Hee Joon. The couple met on the drama "Yuna's Street" when she played a pickpocket and he played a social worker. They officially began to date after the drama ended in Nov. 2014 but by April 2015 Lee, who appeared in "Sea Fog," and Kim, who appeared in the film "Minority Opinion," had split up. Thy waited a few weeks to announce the news.
2. Moon Geun Young and Kim Bum met on the set of "Goddess of Fire: Jeonji." Unlike many k-drama couples that initially try to date in secret, these actors were honest about their relationship right away and openly vacationed together. Going public did not help the relationship last, though, and the actors parted as friends six months later.
3. Park Min Young, last seen in "Healer," dated Lee Min Ho shortly after the actors met on the set of "City Hunter." They dated for a few months but given their busy schedules found it difficult to meet. They broke up but kept the break-up a secret for a few months. Now he is dating Suzy Bae.
4. Song Hye Kyo dated two stars that she worked with. She dated her "Worlds Within" co-star Hyun Bin after that drama ended. The couple split two years later after he enlisted for his mandatory military duty. She also dated Lee Byung Hun and was said to have discussed marrying him. They met on the set of the drama "All In" but split after a few years.
5. Choi Ji Woo, who appeared in "Temptation," dated her "Air City" co-star Lee Jin Wook for three years. They met on the set of the 2007 drama but did not date until two years later, breaking up in 2012. After the breakup they remained good friends. The "I Remember You, 7,000 Days" actor went on to date Gong Hyo Jin for six months. They broke up while she was filming, "It's Okay, That's Love."
Gong Hyo Jin once said that, just as viewers do, it's easy for an actress to fall for an actor because of the character he plays. When you meet that person a few months later and realize they are quite different, it is possible to fall out of love.
Latest Photo Slide Shows