Nana Speaks Out on Trauma After Terrifying Break-In: ‘It Feels Like I’m Being Victimized Again’

Tags
Nana

South Korean prosecutors have requested a 10-year prison sentence for a man accused of breaking into the home of singer-actress Nana and threatening her and her mother during a violent confrontation last year.

Nana
@Targaryen Princess/twitter

The suspect, identified only as A, appeared at the Namyangju branch of the Uijeongbu District Prosecutors' Office on Monday for the final hearing on charges related to robbery and injury. Prosecutors argued that the severity of the crime warranted strict punishment, citing the emotional trauma suffered by the victims.

According to investigators, the incident occurred in November at Nana's residence in Guri, Gyeonggi Province. Prosecutors said A unlawfully entered the home at night, demanded valuables, and threatened Nana and her mother with a weapon. The two reportedly engaged in a physical struggle with the intruder before subduing him and turning him over to police.

During the trial, Nana and her mother both appeared in court as witnesses. Nana openly displayed her frustration and anger toward the defendant upon entering the courtroom.

"Are you having fun? Look me in the eye," she reportedly told A before the judge intervened and urged her to remain calm to ensure the proceedings continued smoothly, as reported by OSEN.

READ MORE: Nana Says She 'Didn't Even Like the Name' Orange Caramel in Candid Interview

Despite the warning, Nana explained that the emotional toll of the incident has continued long after the break-in itself. The actress described the experience as deeply traumatic and criticized the prolonged legal process.

"I believe I gave this person every opportunity and made the right decisions in that situation," Nana said during testimony. "So why is the trial dragging on like this, and why must we endure humiliation? It feels like I'm being victimized over and over again."

Nana
Nana OSEN

Prosecutors emphasized that the defendant allegedly entered the residence armed with a weapon and threatened female victims, calling the offense "a serious crime" that requires severe punishment. They also claimed A has shown little remorse throughout the proceedings while the victims continue to suffer psychological distress.

However, the defense disputed several allegations. A's attorney argued that the defendant intended only to commit theft and denied claims that he carried a weapon during the intrusion. He asserted that there was no intention of committing robbery or causing any harm.

Finally, A admitted to illegal entry and attempted theft, but denied robbery, and apologised to Nana and her mother.

The court is expected to deliver its final sentencing decision on June 9.

READ MORE: Who's the Mystery Man? Nana's Heartfelt Hug Sparks Buzz Amid Controversy: 'Had a Great Time and Felt Really Happy'

Join the Discussion

Latest News