BY Adrienne Stanley | May 11, 2015 01:47 AM EDT
On May 11, Kim Hyun Joong issued an official statement addressing the latest inflammatory claims from his ex-girlfriend. The actor and K-pop idol addressed allegations from his former girlfriend through a statement delivered by his legal team, CheongPa Law Firm.
According to a report published by eNews, the latest claims from his former lover are groundless. However, the legal team did admit that it was in the process of following up with the allegations. "Whether this is true or not has not been checked," said a legal representative for Kim. "His ex-girlfriend claimed that after the abuse on May 30, 2014, she had a miscarriage on June 3."
The statement went on to address concerns that Kim has been unable to verify her current alleged pregnancy or the miscarriage.
His ex-girlfriend, who has been referred to by Korean press as A or Choi, is allegedly pregnant with the "Boys Over Flower" star's baby. On May 11, the KBS program "Morning News Time," reported the most recent claims from his ex-girlfriend. During the broadcast, A delivered new allegations against Kim. "Last year, I became pregnant with Kim Hyung Joong's child," she said. "I had a miscarriage from domestic abuse."
The "Morning News Time" segment also included alleged text message conversations between Kim and A. During a conversation that was allegedly from May 16, 2014, his former girlfriend asked the 28-year-old star, "What do I do about my pregnancy?"
The conversation then allegedly progressed with Kim advising A to seek medical treatment at the hospital. She acknowledged his advice but did not provide a date for her visit. The next conversation allegedly took place on May 30, 2014.
"My body is all bruised," said A. According to the report by "Morning News Time," Kim addressed her message with a lengthy response. "What is it that you want?" Kim asked. "Why did you send those pictures? To let me know? That you're hurt?"
The course of the alleged text message conversation then shifted to a more somber tone, "I'm sorry," Kim said. "Let's stop this now. I feel like I'm seeing a side of me I haven't seen in a few years because of you."
Kim's legal team is preparing to reveal the details about the latest allegations and previous claims in court. According to eNews, he will pursue blackmail charges if the latest claims are false.
The latest claims from A follow a stream of allegations which began on August 2014. Kim was investigated by police following domestic violence charges filed by his ex-girlfriend for alleged injuries including a fractured rib. She subsequently dropped criminal charges but pursued a civil suit.
On May 11, terms of the civil suit were also revealed by legal representatives for Kim. The legal representatives revealed that she previously received a settlement of $547,824.
According to a statement published by eNews, the latest allegations made by A could be an attempt to pursue another civil suit. In the eNews report, the representative for Kim said, "Kim Hyun Joong′s ex-girlfriend received the settlement money of 600 million won and started a damage lawsuit with the reason of a second pregnancy and is currently making claims through the press."
While his legal team has weighed in on the latest claims, Key East Entertainment has yet to address the situation. However, he is scheduled to enter the military on May 12.
Latest Photo Slide Shows