BY Julie Jones | Sep 23, 2015 11:19 AM EDT
Horror films can be a good place for rookie actresses to make their big screen debut. At least five popular actresses jump-started their film careers in roles that required more than a few bloodcurdling screams. You may want to screen these films during next month's Halloween celebrations.
1. Choi Kang Hee, who is known for her roles in "Protect The Boss" and "Level 7 Civil Servant," debuted in a high school drama but had her film debut in the horror film "Whispering Corridors." In the film a sadistic teacher is murdered. Did her students do her in? Choi, who played a student in that film, can soon be seen in the melodrama "Fancy Seduction" aka "Glamorous Temptation."
2. Park Shin Hye had her first drama role when she played the younger version of Choi Ji Woo's character in "Stairway to Heaven" and then she appeared in the drama "Tree of Heaven." But she made her big screen debut in the horror flick "Evil Twin." In that film Park played two roles, the main character and the ghost of the main character's sister." She can be seen this year in the film "Beauty Inside."
3. While Moon Geun Young debuted in the drama "Autumn In My Heart," she had her film debut in Kim Ji Woon's horror film "A Tale of Two Sisters. No Korean horror film has managed to break the admission records that "A Tale of Two Sisters" achieved. Im Soo Jung's film career also got a boost when she played the second sister in that story about a very dysfunctional family.
4. Although Ha Ji Won debuted in 1996 with a teen drama, one of her first films was Ahn Byung Ki's horror film "Nightmare." Best known for her roles in the dramas "Secret Garden," "The King 2 Hearts," and "Empress Ki," the actress was recently seen in the romantic comedy "The Time We Were Not In Love, 7,000 Days" with co-star Lee Jin Wook.
5. There were several "Whispering Corridors" films. Song Ji Hyo made her acting debut in the third film of the series, titled "Wishing Stairs." Park Han Byul also appeared in that film. Song and Park played best friends studying ballet at an all-girls school. But the school had a sinister secret. Counting the steps on a particular staircase could get you killed. Song Ji Hyo appears on the variety show "Running Man" and in dramas such as "Emergency Couple" and "The Ex-Girlfriends Club."
Have you seen any of these films? How scary do you think they are?
Latest Photo Slide Shows